Friday 23 March 2012

Pancakes!


So, day 5 of annual leave and I spent the afternoon in Imperial College, learning how to teach medical students.  It was an interesting afternoon. It made me think about how I was going to change my current strategy with the medical students, maybe making things a little more practical. Hmm, I am not sure how that will work in our clinics but may set up teaching sessions that are less passive.  Although currently I think what I do, set questions that the medical students have to go away and research, is reasonable.  Similar I think to what I used to do as a medical student.

I was a medical student for 6 years.  It seems so long along now! I remember that I would just read all the time. Reading and making notes - seems like a luxury now.

So after the teaching, I went along to the  Creperie. I ate a Norwegian crepe - delicious. Salmon, new potato, basil and cheese. This was followed by a  strawberry smoothie and waffle and icecream. Lovely, just lovely.  The only thing missing was some company. However for the first time in a long time, I was really not fussed. It was nice to just watch people go by. The mother and daughter, the old married couple, the group of friends. Normally when I somehow end up at a resturant/cafe alone, I am filled with a sense of despair but not today.  I do not know why. Just filled with peace today.

Walked to Knightsbridge station, taking pictures all the way.  However, I have deleted most of them.  They just did not look right - I have not quite got the knack of night photography. Will have to read about that in my little photography book.

As for tomorrow. I am not sure. I have signed up for a women's breakfast at Church - if I can get up in time! I am not sure what that will be about, half-tempted to stay at home and use the time to catch-up on all the work that I brought from work to work on. Some of it is still in the boot of my car! There are policies I need to read, articles to write, it is in fact almost overwhelming. Anyhow, anyhow. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment