Thursday 29 March 2012

Lift your hands

Have just arrived back from a prayer meeting at HTB, South Kensington. Again, quite something, maybe a little unexpected. Lots of prayer and some nice songs. Slightly different musical set-up. DJ and lights, one could be forgiven for thinking one had stepped into a club. Maybe this is modern worship, gosh I am sounding old.!



What did we sing? The usual suspects: Matt Redman, Tim Hughes etc. Who did we pray for? Syria and everything associated with the Olympics. Lots of prophetic words and pictures. Some Arabs praying in Arabic for the Middle East. At least I managed to fight off some of my cynicism and just concentrate on a few things. Not sure if I feel quite so inspired as I did last time. Need to restore my heart, or sometime like that. Last time, I could not stop singing.

Perhaps I am a little tired today! Up early before eight am  because I needed to complete the home improvement schedule that is taking place at my flat.  I was up until five am sorting out the little room. So I think I have a five hour sleep deficit.

Have not had a chance to read anything inspiring this week.

I went to a child protection course on Monday at the Institute of Child Health - more like a refresher course really but very helpful.  When I go back to work on Monday, I have a lot of work to do! Did not really go anywhere on Tuesday and Wednesday  - a slight hermit like exisistance.  However sometimes being at home is just nice. I went to the women's prayer breakfast at WBC on Saturday morning. It was nice. The speaker was the vicar's wife from All Saint in Woodford Green. She spoke about worry, cannot remember much of it now - except for verse 4 in psalm 37: 'Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart'.

Government started a petrol scare because the tanker drivers are threatening to strike. The teachers have already had their strike (pensions) on Wednesday.  I tried to resist panic buying because in reality their is no shortage of petrol and there has been no strike announced.  However my petrol tank was nearly empty and I thought that given everybody else is buying all the petrol, I bought £30 worth of petrol instead on the usual £10 that I buy just to keep the car going.  However £30 only fills the tank half full at £1.38 pence per litre.

The only place I went to today was Walthamstow and Leytonstone.  The Queen came to North London! First Valentine's Park, then Waltham Forest Town Hall and then Harrow. We went to Walthamstow but it seems we missed her! So took pictures of the posters instead!


So, that was this week so far. Three more days of annual leave and then back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment