Saturday 17 January 2015

An urban climb (aka huffing and puffing my way up Primrose Hill)

It is January 2015! Happy New Year!
Peach Rooibos
I am aware that I have not written on this blog for over a year! I had almost forgotten that it existed. I have forgotten how it is different from my other blogs. I am thinking - not much. It is still me! Writing the same old stuff and posting the same old pictures. 

Today I went to Primrose Hill with my partner. He drove - he has just passed his test and loves the driving experience. 

Primrose Hill is 78 metres and affords good views of central London. We walked to the top of the hill, took pictures and then walked down the Hill. We walked through Regent's Park and made are way into town. We were hungry and looking for food! We made it to Great Portland Street and spotted Nandos. 
Chicken butterfly 
My partner is usually quite fussy about what he eats and where he eats and going to Nandos would not usually be on his radar. But some reason he was able to overlook this and so we sat down to a quick meal. 

I think I fared better because he did not look like he was enjoying his chicken butterfly burger. I do not think Nandos area of speciality is burgers! I had a hot chicken butterfly with sweet mashed potatoes and lusco beans. Spicy but nice. The dessert menu mainly offered variations of chocolate cakes and cheesecakes. But despite the fact that I have a sweet tooth and my partner is a chocolate fan - we opted for the bottomless pit frozen yoghurt option. 

Best decision we made - we managed to top refill 4 times. Although the taste was just OK - it was somehow very addictive.
Sweet mashed potatoes




Luso beans black beans, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and onions with herbs and mild spices.

Mango frozen yoghurt










After we finished it was on the back on the bus and walk back to Primrose Hill. We walked through Regent's Park and stumbled across this little find.


Feng Shang Princess - Floating Chinese Restaurant
I got my tripod out and started snapping. This was taken with shutter time of 30 seconds, ISO 100 and F5.6. I think I like the result. However it's still a bit shaky, maybe because I did not put the timer on.

We trekked on back to Primrose Hill and this time we were blessed with amazing night views.







So my first excursion into London this year. 2014 was a rough year and ended unhappily. The start of this year was also difficult but in a way the beginning of a new chapter in our family lives.  I have this feeling that I just want things to go back to 'normal' but for starters there is no normal. And I know that our lives are changed forever, there is no going back. What I think I am feeling is a sense of guilt about wanting to get back to all the things that I previously enjoyed doing. It does not mean that I do not feel a deep sense of sadness but I need to do things that are uplifting, things that bring me joy. At the moment - that means getting out and taking pictures - my life through a lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment