Sunday 28 October 2012

Little book of calm

I bought a little book some years ago from Welsey Owen/Dove Books when it was still open. I never really look at it, it sits in the back of my rucksack and acompanies me back and forth to work.

I picked it up today and opened it up on this page:

It is not work that wears people out, but sadness, anxiety and worry. To God all your griefs are worthy of consideration.

Philipian 4: 6 - 7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5: 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you

Something to think about this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment