Sunday 22 April 2012

Cupcakes, cookies and Church

So Sunday in April 2012 in Church in South Kensington. This afternoon I was serving in the HTB cafe for the five o'clock service. It was nice - all the cake, brownies and apple pie sold out. Fun afternoon, enjoyed the prayer time again. Although when we we asked to listen out for what God was telling us, I have to say I drew a blank, apart from four names of people, I barely know. Toby Flint, however has a picture of a man running the London marathon as strawberry. I shake my head in amusement/disbelief. However in seriousness I think he was trying the get across the point about be yourself. And for me, that meant about being authentic in all aspects of my life.

Brownies,smoothies, apple pie (cut by me...!)  and brownies.


Cupcakes and chocolate cake (cut by me...!)




As for the service itself....Well - I really enjoyed the songs."Here For You" - Matt Redman, "This is our God" - Hillsong and "Amazing Grace" - John Newton among just a few that made me sing loudly (and out of key I think...!!) and with all my heart and soul with my hands raised. It was nice to focus on the goodness of God for a while.


However...I fell asleep (again!) during the sermon. Not very good  :(. 


The speaker was Jay Pathak. I think I was listening at the beginning and then was overwhelmed with tiredness! Ended up looking as though I had an avid interest in the floor but with my eyes closed.  So I am not sure what I gained or the world gained from me attending Church today. Guess I will have to listen to the sermon again on the podcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment